New York is not the only US city to have a booming fashion industry. Los Angeles has a host of up-and-coming designers, not to mention hundreds of manufacturers and distributors of clothing and other fashions. Also, Los Angeles is the biggest city for commercial and television work. Many aspiring models and actresses come here to get a shot at the big screen and top fashion magazines. Due to the commercial nature of Los Angeles, the preferred look is often times more “girl next door” and less edgy than New York City. Below are some of the top model agencies in Los Angeles.
7. Click Models – In Los Angeles, a big name in the Model Agency world is Click Models. They also have offices in New York, Boston, Miami, Sparta, North Carolina, and Philadelphia. Many big names got started with Click, including Isabella Rossellini, Uma Thurman, Whitney Houston, Elle MacPherson and Grace Jones. They currently have a strong selection of Men and Women, and book everything from high fashion to television.
6. L.A. Models – L.A. Model Management is a division of New York Models. They represent over 1000 models in divisions, including Runway, Print, Men, Women, New Faces, Plus Size, Girls and Boys. L.A. Models is best known for their strong runway girls. This summer they are partnering with the Van’s Warped Tour for a supermodel search. Check their website for open call dates.
5. Wilhelmina Los Angeles – Wilhelmina Models in Los Angeles has a large roster of models and a wide range of divisions. They have Women, Men, Media, Runway, Kids & Teens, Fitness, S Women and W Men (lifestyle divisions), and also W Curve, which is a plus size category for women sizes 10 and up. Wilhelmina has been around for over 40 years and has a strong presence in the fashion and commercial worlds.
4. Elite Modeling Agency Los Angeles – The Elite Model Management name reaches the west coast with some of the freshest faces in the business. They represent about 130 women, and only women. Their Men’s division is located in Miami.
3. PhotoGenics – PhotoGenics Los Angeles is possibly the most editorial and modern of all the agencies. They represent some very striking and edgy new faces, along with well known names like Devon Aoki, Estella Warren, and Jenny Shimizu. They also represent men and have a strong runway division.
2. Ford Models Los Angeles – The prestigious Ford Models also has an office in Los Angeles representing Women and Men. They continue their tradition of timeless beauties here, offering everything from sleek editorial to a more California girl look.
1. Next Models Los Angeles – Next Models in Los Angeles represents over 600 models, in divisions including Women, New Faces, Men, Runway, and Special Bookings. The British host Alexa Chung is on their roster along with “model of the moment”, Arizona Muse. Next Models Los Angeles has a bit of an edge in regards to Los Angeles looks. They also represent a handful of very talented make-up and hair artists, fashion stylists and photographers.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of one of Los Angeles’ top Modeling Agencies, visit their websites for submission and open call information. For more information on how to become a model, visit the main page.